Hello 2016 you beauty!
I still cannot believe how quickly 2015 passed me by, but more scarily how long it has been since I have actually sat down & written a blog.
2015 was filled with hospital visits; leave from work; IVF appointments; falling pregnant; losing our baby & too many emotions to even begin to mention. I have really missed sitting down & putting my words down about what it is like living with MG but I have allowed life to get in my way.
2015 taught me the importance of the following things (sick or not!):
1. Family. They are your blood & will be there for you even when you don't expect them to. They love you, encourage you, & come cook you dinner when you can't even get out of bed.
2. Friends. They are your chosen family. If you can count your true friends on one hand then you are blessed. They are the ones that are there for you through thick & thin; tears & laughter.
3. A Hobby. In 2015 I discovered that I love to crochet. It takes my mind off things & although I sometimes battle to hold my hook, it has become a real passion of mine. I can't wait to create more in 2016!
4. Alone-Time. Often we feel like we always have to be around someone; putting on an act of complete happiness & acceptance; & looking after everyone around us. This isn't true. Do something for yourself, make yourself happy & don't allow others to put too much pressure on you.
5. A Simple Smile. When you have been having the crappest day ever, it is amazing what a smile & a kind word can do! It can be from a complete stranger, a work colleague or even your loved one. It makes you feel like you matter & reminds you that the world is not such a bad place to live in.
Love those close to you, & never lose faith that your miracle is just around the next corner!
Much love, hope, & faith coming your way xxx