Tuesday 25 November 2014

Faking it

Today has been tough...

Battling with my strength & just found out that I have gone over on my leave for the year - as well as not having any sick leave until 2017.

So many emotions flying around & tried to get them out as simply & quickly as I could.

You ask me if I am ok
I say yes
And smile for you.

I turn to walk away
The smile falls
And I don’t have to fake it anymore.

Inside is a battle
Fighting against myself
Still keeping up a front.

Every day is unknown
Concern and fear
Getting weaker – emotionally and physically.

Know the real me
Beyond what I put on for the world to see
I am a fighter.

Getting through the day
Always trying to be strong and cope
Falling into bed – at last.

Why did this come?
When will it end?

Why me?

No comments:

Post a Comment