Wednesday 22 April 2015

Fighting a new battle...

This is something that has been consuming my thoughts lately, & is the reason I have been battling to write something new for my blog for so long...

To all those people that mean so much to both Warren & myself.

I am sorry that this is the way we are letting a lot of you know, but we would like to let those around us know what we are going through. 
As you all know, Warren & I cannot wait to be parents but due my MG, years of medication & my botch up of an operation 4 years ago (when I ended up with septicemia & in a medically induced coma) this is a struggle. I recently went to the gynae for a full check up. It was not good news.

Unfortunately I have more cysts, my tubes look like they may be blocked again, I have endometriosis, my cervix is at an angle & I have very few eggs left. All of this is working against us. Dr Amod has told us that there is no chance of us falling pregnant naturally & our only option is IVF. 
Now this is where another problem comes in... We are going to see the fertility doctor in Durban, & they have advised us that IVF starts from R45,000 - per time. There are no guarantees that this could take, so we don't know how many we will need to go for. This is why we are attempting to fundraise in every way possible. 
There is also another aspect working against us - my health. I need to go back onto another medication (CellCept) soon, but once I am on it then we cannot have kids. It causes major birth defects & we are not willing to take that risk. So, time is of the essence. 

Please, if you have any amazing fundraising ideas, or know who we could maybe contact, we would really appreciate it. Please understand that we are emotional currently. We are still trying to process all of this & it has hit both of us very hard. It is certainly not an easy thing to hear, so if we pull back from society for a bit it is because are trying to cope with this situation. 

We would really appreciate all of your prayers, love & support during this terrifying (but still exciting) time. Thank you xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment