Tuesday 17 June 2014

Quick Rant...

We had a long weekend this past weekend - Monday was "Youth Day" so we were lucky enough to be able to stay at home & enjoy time with the family - in my household this means husband, the 2 cats & the puppy.

It was very relaxed, low key & not much happened.

Then why did I go to work today with slurred speech & problems swallowing?

I didn't do anything hectic this weekend!

I slept most of it away, & only left the house for Father's Day on Sunday to be with the family.

Now I sound drunk/stupid/thspecial & have zero energy.

Not sure if it the stress of being back at work after my op; if my MG is just acting up again; or if I am just having a bad day.

AAAAAAH!

Very frustrating.
Yesterday everything was fine - I sounded; looked & ate like a normal person.  Now I go back to work & am around people & embarrass myself.

OK, rant over.

Sorry - just had to get that out!

Have a good evening, keep warm & take care of yourselves xxx

2 comments:

  1. Meg, you never have to be embarrassed- your friends know about your illness and others should find out. Love you Muggins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm no expert, but I'm going to relate it to my migraines (which I KNOW is nowhere near what you conquer every day). If I've been stressed for an extended period of time and am fine, once I allow myself the time to just 'be' and relax, that is often when I get my worst migraine attacks. I don't know if this could be a similar reaction? But, remember, you have enlightened so many about MG - you NEVER have reason to be embarrassed. You are a shining example to the world of what it's like to live with MG and never, never give up. Somehow you always find the time to smile and cheer up someone else who doesn't have to deal with the ups and downs of your illness. I (and I'm sure I speak for many others) have such admiration for you. Lots of love. xxxx

    ReplyDelete