Monday 11 July 2016

The mysterious giggle


Reading over my past couple of posts has made me realise that I seem to have been a moaning misery lately, & that is not me at all!  So today is just a quick post to show the lighter side of MG & share some of the giggles I have had through the tough times :)

Recently I had to go to a GP for a quick consult as I felt like I was coming down with something...
She told me she hadn't heard of MG since she was studying & couldn't remember exactly what it entailed - so I had to give her a quick lesson before she got anything wrong or prescribed me something that I am not allowed.  She also read up info in her little book that she had to ensure she was on top of everything.
I have now learnt to carry little cards with basic information that I give to the pharmacy & new doctor's that I go visit.  Oh the joys of a chronic illness!




I have realised I will never be able to stop taking medication (shake, rattle & roll baby!), & I will probably have to see a doctor for the rest of my life.  Majority of the time I eat my meals just so I can take my medicine & ensure I am getting the nutrients & chemicals I need to survive.  
So when I saw this next image, I couldn't help but giggle.  Who needs money when you can get scripts for life-saving medicine?  Yay!




This final picture was sent to me by a very dear friend who is a nurse at a government hospital.  We only met due to my health concerns, & now I can't imagine my life without her.  She always knows just what to say, & makes me laugh constantly.  She is the most caring person; & going into the doctor's rooms & seeing her there can turn my day around completely (for the better).
She saw the below on a ward chart of a patient, & sent it to me to see if I could make out what the diagnosis had been that the nurse wrote down.

Can you make it out?  Every time I think about it I start chuckling to myself.  As she said, it describes the symptoms of Myasthenia Gravis quite aptly!  We are rather mysterious...



I have had my illness called by many names (my-ass-is-thinner gravis; my-as-ta-hernia gravis; my-ass-theee-nya gravis); but never mysterious gravy as above!

And that's it for today.

Short, but just to hopefully bring a smile to your face as it did to mine.

Thank you for all the love, concern & messages that have been poured out over me during this trying time.  I really appreciate it (& you!)

4 comments:

  1. Great post. Really loves it. Thanks for the sharing.

    IVF centre in India

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just saw you on TV. Wow, you're such an inspiration Megan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had myasthenia gravis since 2015. I got medically discharged out of the Army, a job I loved well. My heart had 5 myasthenic crises, 3 being severe enough to be ventilated or require CPAP (continuous positive airway pressure) helmet. I have had countless plasma exchanges as my veins are bad. I also needed Hickman lines inserted. I have been on azathioprine, mycophenolate (CellCept), methotrexate and none have worked. I'm currently done with my herbal remedy I purchase from totalcureherbsfoundation .com which has totally cured my condition with a surprise after almost four months of their usage, I was discouraged and never thought I would be myasthenia gravis (MG) free ,to me the best to get rid of this condition is totalcureherbsfoundation com treatment because all medications I used never worked include mycophenolate (CellCept).

    ReplyDelete