Monday 10 March 2014

Vrot Day

Today has not been a good day.

I had great plans to write the most amazing blog, but I just don't think I can.

Today at work I had to phone a client & give them my email address - it is meganh@hh********.  I can't pronounce my h's when I am battling - so trying to get this across took quite a while.  She kept asking me if it was megan8@88 - eventually I just packed up laughing & told her I have a speech problem (my quick solution rather than a long explanation) & soon she was giggling along with me.  But it still sucks.  I really thought I was getting better - not hitting another "thspecial" time in my life.

I pushed myself a little too hard this weekend - visiting friends, a church conference, watching rugby, helping at church & then my brother-in-law's birthday braai.

Watching the Sharks vs Lions rugby with husband

The amazing friends that I worked with at church on Sunday

Brother Shaun blowing out his candles

So, today I am done.  My talking is slurred, eyes are blurry & while I am leaning forward typing on my laptop, my head just wants to flop forward completely.  I am battling to hold it up completely.

So I am sorry.  I will write a long blog soon - hopefully tomorrow or Wednesday.

I am going for a check-up with my amazing doctor on Thursday, so I am praying she will be able to give me some magic cure that will set me straight again.

Until then, I need to go have a long sleep.

I have been reminded again that I cannot push myself the way 'normal' people do - I don't bounce back as quickly & I do need my rest.  I sometimes get horribly despondent as I just want to be able to keep up with other people my age - instead I more often than not have to excuse myself & go have a snooze.

But, tomorrow is a new day.  It will be better.  I have some sexy new shoes from husband & I will go out ready to greet the day with a smile.  I will stay strong.  I will stay positive.  I will see all the good in the day, & not let my slurred talking get in the way of laughing!

Sweet dreams everyone - may tomorrow be a better day for you, & don't forget to smile x

1 comment:

  1. So sorry things aren't so good for you! Maybe something pink and fluffy will help... or knowing your blog helped get some sponsorship towards research! Or maybe the original newspaper articles arrive soon - or your sexy shoes from Warren...so much to look forward to! Well done on your attitude. So proud of you!

    ReplyDelete